The royal wedding is a little over two months away and we admit we’re getting a little obsessed. Maybe more than a little. So we took a trip across the pond to find out some interesting tidbits about the future princess. Watch to see what we learned!
We know the wedding’s going to be at Westminster Abbey at 11am on April 29. We know that Kate’s going to arrive in a car, not a carriage. We’re placing bets that couturier Bruce Oldfield will design Kate’s wedding dress (or dresses). But what’s interesting about the princess-in-waiting that we didn't already know? On our trip to London, we invited celebrity style journalist Zoe Hardman to the Thread to dish on little-known Kate facts.
Here’s what we learned:
1. At 29, Kate’s going to be the oldest royal bride.
2. She’s allergic to horses—interesting because she’s marrying into the one of the biggest equestrian families.
3. The sheer dress she modeled in a fashion show while at Oxford University will be worth $160,000 after she marries the prince.
4. William and Kate are 12th cousins once removed. It’s distant, yet true.
5. Forget polo— she’s a tennis girl.
Do you have royal fever the way we do? Let us know what YOU think Kate’s dress should look like. Post on our Facebook wall and let’s get the conversation going.
A special thanks to everyone in London. How about that London Bridge in the background of our set? Gorgeous.